NEW YORK CITY GROWTH SYMPOSIUM 2013: LEAN GROWTH: WHY MOST COMPANIES CAN'T ACHIEVE IT!
The GrowthPhases ® Alliance of Interim Managers, Industry Experts and Management Consultants announces that it will sponsor a Growth Symposium in November, 2013 in New York City, N.Y. The topic will be Lean Growth . The main focus of the Symposium will be achieving growth, organic and inorganic, through the application of Lean to businesses. If you would like a
registration form for the Symposium please send a note to us by clicking here:
Sponsored by: GrowthPhases ® Alliance
Silver Sponsors: Sponsors Sending Ten (10) or more Attendees
Bronze Sponsors: Sponsors Sending Five (5) or more Attendees
Gold Sponsors: Sponsors Sending Ten (10) or more Attendees and
sponsoring Kaizen Programs currently.
LEAN BEYOND THE FACTORY SYMPOSIUM
Some of the Working Sessions and Dinners Will Be Held at:
Westin Grand Central
212 East 42nd St.
New York, NY 10017
Introduction – (8:00 a.m.)
I. Basics of Lean, A Short Introductory Course: (8:15 a.m. to 9:45 a.m.)
- What is Lean?
- Making Lean Work Through Hoshin Kanri/Policy
- Creating Culture Change; Change Management to Drive Lean
- Lean Transformation; Lean Enterprise
- Using Lean to Enhance Customer or Patient Satisfaction
- Competing Successfully with Time & Velocity
- Business & Growth Strategy/Lean Business Systems
II. Break at 10:00 a.m.
III. Basics of Lean, A Short Introductory Course: Lean Principles and Lean in the Supply Chain (10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.)
IV. Application of Lean to Complex Situations: It Even Works in Building One of the World's Most Complex Machines: An Airplane. Lean Experiences at Boeing and Airbus—- Airbus, Boeing and Other Experts (TBD)
V. Luncheon and Luncheon Speaker Panel (12:00 Noon to 2:00 p.m.)
- Can Lean Used to Drive Growth? Pros and Cons to Be Discussed. Isn't Growth Really an Art and Lean Just Does Not Apply? Lean is Something for Engineers on the Factory Floor and Not for Growth Businesses?
- Introduction and Moderator
- Outside Speakers from Lean Growth Businesses
VI. Digging Deeper on Making Lean Work Through Hoshin Kanri/Policy and Dealing with Culture and Change: Detailing A Recent Growth Business System Experiment in Lean (2:15 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.)
- Identifying where resources are spent
- Identifying the Eight (8) Wastes
- Improving the Process to Eliminate Waste at a Hospital
- Visual Workplace (5S)
- Our Experiences Through Recent Kaizen Exercises
VII. Real World Group Activities: A Lean Simulation – Applying Lean to Growth Businesses: An MBA Case Format to Be Lead By Course Faculty and Executive with Experience Implementing Lean (3:15 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.) Assisted By Lean Masters
IX. Break Out Sessions or Dinners on Lean and the Growth Business
- Introduction & Framework
- Lean M&A
- Lean Internal Growth & Product Development
- Lean in Growth Strategy Development
- Financial/Quantitative Measurements for Managing Lean Growth
X. Real Accounting: Don't Let Traditional Accounting Impede Your Lean Growth Strategy
XI. Lean M&A: Break Out Session to Discuss the Use of Lean in M&A and M&A Integration for those Growth Businesses Seeking to Grow through Acquisitions
XII. Lean Experiences of Leading CEOs: Break Out Sessions Led by General Managers and CEOs who have actually run companies that have gone through the lean transformations
This Symposium is By Invitation Only
* You will need an invitation code to register. Send us an email by clicking here for details and an invitation code.
*Registration Fee: Details Provided in Invitation Materials.
Symposium Location: New York City Location TBD
Hotel information: To receive a discount on your hotel stay please contact us for a SET number.
Evening Entertainment: TBD
*GrowthPhases ® Alliance reserves the right to cancel the 2013 New York City Lean Growth Symposium at any time.